Several classification schemes have been used to help diagnose gingival recession:
- Sullivan & Atkins 1968
- Mlinek et al. 1973
- Miller 1985
- Smith 1997
- Mahajan 2010
Miller’s classification for gingival recession is the most commonly used classification.
- It divides gingival recession defects into four categories
- evaluate both soft and hard tissues loss.
- It allows determining the level of root coverage achievable with a free gingival graft.
- Miller’s classification is a diagnostic and prognostic tool
Today, we present you with a mindmap illustrating the four categories of the gingival recessions according to Miller’s Classification.
To view the mindmap, Kindly Click HERE
Created by: Dr. Weam Banjar
- SD Dental MindMapping Project, a Collaborative Work.
- List of our Dental MindMaps
- The MindMap Project