Elegant IPB Skin By Skinbox

SaudiDent.com Forum: Do u chat with the opposite sex? - SaudiDent.com Forum

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Do u chat with the opposite sex?

Poll: Do u chat with the opposite sex? (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Do u chat with the opposite sex?

1. 1. I do. It is so exciting and beneficial sometimes (7 votes [41.18%])

Percentage of vote: 41.18%

2. 2. I know it is unacceptable but I do and I do not care (1 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

3. 3. I do but I feel guilty (1 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

4. 4. I used to chat. Thanks God I stopped (2 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

5. 5. I dont chat. I find it totally unacceptable (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. 6. None of the above (6 votes [35.29%])

Percentage of vote: 35.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Posted 01 August 2004 - 04:37 PM (#1) User is offline   Braces 

• Star Member
  • Group: SD-MOD

This topic came to my mind long time ago
Since I know it is a bit sensitive subject I was hesitant to post it
But after the admin approved it and promised to post his reply
I finally- decided to start this discussion
Please feel free to post ur comments

Do u chat with the opposite sex

1. I do. It is so exciting and beneficial sometimes
2. I know it is unacceptable but I do and I do not care
3. I do but I feel guilty
4. I used to chat. Thanks God I stopped
5. I dont chat. I find it totally unacceptable
6. None of the above

Plz lets know what u voted for

braces

user posted image

Posted 01 August 2004 - 05:14 PM (#2) User is offline   M.Hawas 

• Group: Members

Hi Braces

The answeres u gave (4 out of 5) show that chatting is a big sin!!( Do those answers represent what people here in saudi think!)

I'm not hesitant to tell you my opinion,I will vote for none of the above .
I do chat sometimes ,and it depends on the personality of the person you chat with,and if you go along with him/her or not and doesn't depend on gender.

Posted 01 August 2004 - 08:24 PM (#3) User is offline   Mahmoud H. Al-Johani 

• SD - Chairman
  • Group: 'Admin
  • Interests:swimming, grafix design, and Hi Tech.

At last Ya Braces you have posted your topic! sweatingbullets.gif

Actually I do chat with opposite sex BUT it is not just to chat...I do it when there is a need to use this type of person-to-person communication where time and place are not a barrier!.

Before, when the internet was introduced to SA I used to chat just to discover it OR you might say it was part of my online routine. But then after, I used to optimize the use of this service which you might get addict to it. blink.gif

Now, is it 7alal or 7aram to chat with opposite sex? I think it is a big Q but, I am not the right person to give an answer! idea.gif

At last, I think this service has enabled our kids to know things we don't want them to know - at least in early ages.

Finally mrgreen.gif , this service has both +ve and -ve aspects

~ None of the above is my VOTE ~

Have a nice time.

specool.gif

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

Posted 01 August 2004 - 09:41 PM (#4) User is offline   dr.lolo 

I'll vote for None of the above..
I see that the internet chat as phone chat..and I can't accept chatting to some one i dont know him/her,unless there is a real need to do it.
Braces u didn't tell us what you voted for,I think I know it unless you changed your opinion.

Posted 02 August 2004 - 12:27 AM (#5) User is offline   Dr.M3 

Post icon 

WOW WOW WOW your taking things out of civilized world here??!!!
I dont mean any disrespect ....but chatting to an opposite sex is like talking on the phone??!!.....no way i mean talking to someone on the phone is way different than chatting with anyone??!!.....what i mean is that on the net you can be no one which is hard to get when talking with someone on the phone?? feelings, attitude, behaviors and reactions are all soooo different dont you think your best friend is some way different online?peace DR.LOLO icon_wink.gif no hard feelings.. lol.gif
Now what I think about chatting with the opposite sex? thumbsup.gif Well I chatted before and I will always do because whatever is the reason behind that chat??!! no one will reach it unless both parties approve it idea.gif and no one has the right to decide to an adult SD.gif ..what I mean is that I know people who got married online?? olololi.gif people been in love online? heart.gif ...and good friends that met online? banana.gif ..dont take things above red lines while they are all the way below that.....specially chatting with someone?! I feel it is out of real world unless both parties want it real.
PEACE to all and I dont mean disrespect to no one . Just put in mind no one can make you do anything .it is always you who decide unsure.gif .

Whenever you feel you wanna CRY i will be here to make you SMILE.

Posted 02 August 2004 - 12:44 AM (#6) User is offline   Baraah 

Nice topic I will be back when I return home specool.gif

But for now I say

Look doctors writting in the forum is like chatting flowers.gif

& there is abig difference b/w phone & chatting ya lolo flowers.gif

Any way I voted for # 1 whistling.gif

Bye for now

c u

Dont walk in front of me coz,I may not follow u.
Dont walk behind me coz ,I may not lead u.
Walk beside me ,so by this we can share all the steps

Posted 02 August 2004 - 07:45 AM (#7) User is offline   Braces 

• Star Member

M.Hawas
I talk about it as a sin coz simply it is a sin
What ever ur mathhab is any shai5 u ask will tell u this

Dr.lolo
I do not know what u know but if what u know is what I expect u to know then
I did not change my mind I just took a decision, and Im sure it is a correct one

Dr.M3
Im totally with dr.lolo
Chatting is a written form of talking to strangers on phone
Dr.lolo is one of my best friends, we studied together for 6 years, we lived together for 3 years,
we got separated for the last 2 years but we r still in contact
and I have never ever felt she is different online

By the way I had a close friend through net but she was of my gender,
the first thing I've done was going to her place to meet her

Im not against civilization or new technologies but Im against what my brain can not accept

braces

user posted image

Posted 02 August 2004 - 09:50 AM (#8) User is offline   Dr.M3 

Post icon 

QUOTE (Braces @ Aug 2 2004, 10:45 AM)

Dr.M3
Im totally with dr.lolo
Chatting is a written form of talking to strangers on phone
Dr.lolo is one of my best friends, we studied together for 6 years, we lived together for 3 years,
we got separated for the last 2 years but we r still in contact
and I never ever felt she is different online

By the way I had a close friend through net but she was of my gender,
the first thing I've done was going to her place to meet her

Im not against civilization or new technologies but Im against what my brain can not accept

braces[/b][/center]

Hello Miss Braces,
So your simply telling me that chatting with the opposite sex is a sin??!!
Ok since your a Doctor SD.gif dont you talk to males at work?dont you treat males?dont you interact with males?when you go shopping dont you deal with males?you girls buy "private stuff"asking males what do you think is nicer"foundation,eye liners,lip stick,...........and there goes on.......simply your with the opposite sex all the time but you just dont know it?!!or opposit sex to you means saudies????? you act like your seperated but your not?....so now you come and tell me that you cant chat with the opposite sex??ask your self why??!!i mean if you know someone and chat with him being good friends online....what holds you to him?DIAL UP?! .........Miss Braces i just cant imagine a Dentist being that OHHHHHH MEN these days .......i mean Doctors were setting by your side teaching you and may be holding your hand?...dont tell me sometimes you have to do something??!!its never you have to!its always i dont mind!
Answer my Q?if you chatted with someone online would it affect you in any way?if yes how?
And talking on the phone is like chatting ??you would never know unless you did so??!!and i think non you or miss lolo did that so you cant even compare??!!dont talk about what you didnt experience coz you will never know the difference.......
Dont mean disrespect to no one.....
PEACE

Posted 02 August 2004 - 10:13 AM (#9) User is offline   Braces 

• Star Member

hello.gif Dr.M3

Im not the one who is telling u it is sin, my mashayi5 and urs say that,
so if u think it is not, u try to convince them

Regarding dealing with males, U r right
I have never experienced that phone thingy
I treat males, I talk to males, I deal with males,
and I wont pretend that Im always a serious person bel3aks I talk friendly and joke with them sometimes
Ive been taught by males, there r few things that I could not learn till someone held my hand and showed me how to do it
But the difference is that all of that happened fe ennoor, in front of ppl

If u think there is no difference between that and chatting
Lets see if u can post one of ur private chats in a public forum with out editing a word, can u?

braces

user posted image

Posted 02 August 2004 - 11:10 AM (#10) User is offline   Dr.M3 

Post icon 

Hello miss DR. Braces,
First let me tell you that my mashaye5 say tv is 7aram,being a dentist and dealing with men is makrooh,kashf el wajh 7aram,music is 7aram,cuising around is 7aram and top of all that dealing with men and joking around sometimes is 7ARAM,................so dont tell me whatever the mashaye5 say we do??!!its a personal thing take what you believe and leave what you dont(IN SIDE STUFF)NOT MAJORS??try telling me that you do nothing of what i said is 7aram??

Talking about dealing with men in public and in private??!!are you trying to tell me that chatting with someone in a chat room is private but a man holding the foundation color of your hand and telling you no you need a bit lighter color its ok coz its in public?! come on miss Braces for god sake tell me what i can be convenced of.......when your in a clinic with a closed door and your assistant is there processing the xray in another room??!!a man is between your hands and he is opening his mouth and all the time staring at your eyes some of them trying to play around with words??!!this is not 7aram for god sake go and ask your and my mashaye5 and they will tell you this is 5olwah and you should be punished for that??!!
Miss Braces being hold to our 3adat and takaleed is nice but lelasf not all of them make sense........ icon_cry.gif
You seem to be up to your self and takaleed which is cool in a way but against your self in another way unsure.gif ........just like the way you cant stop thinking before you sleep having a hard time doing that..... flowers.gif
PEACE

Posted 02 August 2004 - 01:11 PM (#11) User is offline   Sub-Zero 

• Interests:Technology

Post icon 

Salam
before i start replying.. i just wanna say one thing news_f.gif
Abha is a reaaaaaaally nice place with an exceptional weather... la tfootkum

ok

now, about the topic, i can see alot has been said until now
different opinions rolleyes.gif
i agree with some, disagree with others lol.gif
but what i'll say now ( and i wont say alot) is that chatting is completely different from talking on the phone
why, u might ask?
i'll just say this,
if it was exactly like talking on the phone
THEN, no chatter would have ever have to ask the person he/she's chatting with, to start talking on the phone
(in other words as some ppl might call it, move it to another level)

enough said

ciao

Sub-Zero

There Is No Knowledge.....
That Is Not Power.....

Posted 02 August 2004 - 02:36 PM (#12) User is offline   M.Hawas 

Hi to all of you guys...

You know ,from that simple poll you could discover some of the mantalities in this forum,and that's so intresting.And honestly,i didn't expect all that replies to the poll.

Dr.3M....
thanks a lot ,I came home feelings so down and you made me laugh...you replied well to everything said in here,I totally agree with you.You were so frank,and I like that!

Barrah....you are a smart girl...yeah what we do here in this forum is CHATTING....it's like leaving an offline message here then you come and check what Braces,sub_zero,....,...or others replied! icon_wink.gif

Braces....you opend now another topic in replying here,we Muslims my dear need UNITY especially these days!I'm sure you got what i mean

My regards & best wishes to All

Posted 03 August 2004 - 09:46 AM (#13) User is offline   Braces 

• Star Member

Dr.M3
U still did not answer my q

M.Hawas
I do not know what u r talking about

This thread was not started to convince anyone with any new ideas or to change what they believe in, it also was not posted to CRITICIZE other ppl MENTALITIES
Everyone is free to post his/her PERSONAL opinion as that opinion SHOULD be respected

I will just tell u a short story

Very long time ago, I told some one who I really trust (not a sheik) that Im not convinced that listening to music is a sin, he replied with a very short sentence that I could not ever forget
He said: doing something that u know is 7aram is a sin, but trying to disbelieve in what u know is 7aram is a bigger sin.

Im not a shame to say that when I used to chat I knew very well that it is 7aram and I always prayed to God to make me stop it.
I do not think all mashaie5 could be wrong on something they ALL agreed on
As Im not a religious person Im not supposed to take what I like and leave what I do not of what mashaie5 say simply bcoz I did not reach the level they reached in knowing Islam

U do not need to try everything to know if it a good or a bad thing thus
I never tried phoning strangers bcoz my parents taught me it is a wrong thing and Im convinced with that. I wish I will be able to teach my future kids that chat is also a wrong thing that they should not try.

N.B. This is not a final word, all member are still welcome to post there opinions

Dentish
Im agog to hear from u

braces

user posted image

Posted 03 August 2004 - 10:52 AM (#14) User is offline   Dr.M3 

Post icon 

Message Deleted by Admin, kindly check our Policy:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
reddot.gif http://www.saudident.com/ib/index.php?showtopic=911
--------------------------------------------------------------------

SD.gif

This post has been edited by Mahmoud H. Al-Johani: 03 August 2004 - 07:44 PM

Posted 03 August 2004 - 01:14 PM (#15) User is offline   M.Hawas 

Dear Braces

I don't agree or believe that chatting is a sin.
You believe it's a sin and youare thankful to God you stopped !
That means :
news_f.gif news_f.gif news_f.gif here in this forum as you are a Girl YOU SHOULD RELPY ONLY THE POSTS OF THE GIRLS AND IGNORE ALL THE GUYS EVEN THE CHAIRMAN OF SD.gif YOU SHOULDN'T RELPY HIM EVEN WITH ONE WORD!
Come on Braces!!

Sorry braces my sister to be harsh on you ,but according to your believe you are doing a big sin,you are still chattting with people here from both gender so you'd better stop it from NOW!

Note:
* Braces i like you and sure don't want u to stop posting here but i'm arguing with according to ur belive,that's all!
* What I meant and i thought u got it is that no need to raise the issue of different ethnic groups or religious believes,we you need Unity.
Got me now?
* And aren't u the one who told me that there will be a chat session in SD.gif and that chat won't be for girls only or?

Have a nice day.....

Posted 03 August 2004 - 03:31 PM (#16) User is offline   Dr.HFadel 

• Interests:Spread available knowldege and information regarding educational opportunities to fellow dentists from newer generations

Post icon 

Greetings everyone clover.gif ...

at 1st i hope u would allow me 2 join in this hot topic w my humble opinion... actually i said 2 my self i had 2 b a part of it since its a very interesting topic...
plus its kind of stealing ph34r.gif the spot light from all the other things being posted in SD.gif these days ...

b4 anything i agree on what my friend Sub-Zero said about Abha... if u wanna relax and have a nice time looking at nature cool.gif ; Abha is the right place 4 u...

as 4 the topic; i voted 4 the last choice "none of the above"... since i dont mind chatting w a female, but it doesn't have 2 b exciting or interesting as the 1st choice said...at least not more than chatting w a male... what i'm trying 2 say is; y should there b a difference? we r in a field thats filled w communication b/w sexs (as some already said) and i dont think we can do anything about that fact regardless of its religious judgement...

talking about my self; i dont really enter chat rooms or any of that stuff coz i simply can't keep up with talking 2 more than 1 person wacko.gif , but if a male or female sent me anything on the messenger 4 example; i would at least c what he/she would have 2 say... after all; the internet can b used 4 many purposes; but it dependes on how and y r u using it... do u use it 4 the purpose of expanding ur thoughts and knowledge? meeting new people and knowing how they think? or just wasting time and using it in stuff which doesnt really take u anywhere?

i hope i said something benificial... i just wanna say that it depends on the person sleep.gif , and his/her purpose... many factors can lead 2 the purpose; like religeon, the way they were raised, personal beliefs,...etc. but i dont think theres anything wrong w it taking our field into consideration...

in the end... thank u braces 4 such a nice topic specool.gif

Regards,,

Dr.HFadel

P.S. hope every thing cools down in here... its way 2 hot icon_sun.gif

user posted image

Posted 03 August 2004 - 03:40 PM (#17) User is offline   SaudiDent Lounge 

Kindly Check our policy
dn-icon.png
http://www.saudident.com/ib/index.php?showtopic=827

SaudiDent Lounge Moderators

SD.gif

Posted 03 August 2004 - 03:51 PM (#18) User is offline   M.Hawas 

SaudiDent Lounge Moderator

I wonder why u posted the pocily here?
I think people in saudi dent are already applying that policy.
If you noticed anything pls you can be clear,we got no problem really to listen to what u wanna say exactly.
Thanks!

Posted 03 August 2004 - 04:20 PM (#19) User is offline   SaudiDent Lounge 

Post icon 

Dear M.Hawas

SaudiDent Lounge Moderators moderate the section the way they think it is most appropriate
The policy post was a reminder
If you think u never violated any policy kindly ignore that post

SaudiDent Lounge Moderators
SD.gif

Posted 03 August 2004 - 04:29 PM (#20) User is offline   M.Hawas 

Oh..OK....it's just a reminder icon_wink.gif cool!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skins by Skinbox More Info

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services